Why is "spaces" on Lion so stupid??????

vgoklani

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2004
perhaps I'm doing something completely wrong, but if I open a new space in Lion, how can I open a new window in Safari or Terminal, IF I already have a prior window open in a different space, without having spaces automatically shift to the other screen? To be precise, suppose I open a Safari window in space #1, and then shift to space #2. How do I open a new Safari window, without having Lion automatically move the screen back to space #1?

klaxamazoo

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2006
perhaps I'm doing something completely wrong, but if I open a new space in Lion, how can I open a new window in Safari or Terminal, IF I already have a prior window open in a different space, without having spaces automatically shift to the other screen? To be precise, suppose I open a Safari window in space #1, and then shift to space #2. How do I open a new Safari window, without having Lion automatically move the screen back to space #1?
Try turning off MC's automatic switching. Then you can TAB-select Safari and use CMND-N to make a new window.

Attachments

klaxamazoo

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2006
Unfortunately, using CMD-Arrow switches your application to Finder, so you still have to go back and select the application you were on to pull up a new window.

So while the option is there, the implementation is only 80% thought out.

rwwest7

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2011
Alt-Click on the icon in the dock and select "new finder window" or "new window", works great. Opens in your current space.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.