Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danzsupreme

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2005
If apple is updating macs with 512 memory for Tiger why did they leave the 1.8 powermac still at 256??? Are they thinking about upgrading this any further in the near future. It makes no sense

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
Danzsupreme said:
If apple is updating macs with 512 memory for Tiger why did they leave the 1.8 powermac still at 256??? Are they thinking about upgrading this any further in the near future. It makes no sense

They didn't update that model, so that's why they didn't change it. And no I don't think they are going to change it anytime soon.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
macbaseball said:
They didn't update that model, so that's why they didn't change it. And no I don't think they are going to change it anytime soon.
Because it's also based on the iMac G5, it may get it's update around the same time the iMacs are updated.

With these conusumer crossover machines in the PowerMac/Book line-up Apple may still be figuring out how to handle them.

Jo-Kun

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Antwerp-Belgium
they didn't change it it's the same machine, look at the specs, indeed 256mb, no option on 400GB SATA drives, still ADC graphics cards, no option for the new 9650 or the other one wich is 2xDVI... still the 5200 with 64mb vram (wich means no coreimage in 10.4 when using 2 monitors on one card like I do... because that leaves 32/monitor... byebye eyecandy from Tiger (but I don't care much about that))

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.