Why is the 5c cheaper, even now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Spitroast Panda, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Spitroast Panda macrumors member

Currently have an SGS3 16gb, but decided I fancy a change, and I was looking at a 5/5c. I can get a 5c from Amazon UK for the miserly sum of £405, but the 5 is still nearly £500! :eek: Any reason why, as surely the 5c is the newer kid on the block?

2. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

It will be old stock thus I bet O2 didn't pay a lot less then that from Apple themselves so they probably don't have a lot of room to drop the price without making a loss on the phone.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

The 5 is pretty much the same phone anyway...The 5C has a slightly improved battery, and of course a plastic housing.

I wouldn't let that put you off though...We just upgraded our phones with me choosing the 5S and my Fiancé the 5C as she wanted pink:eek: She's very pleased with it and it really doesn't feel cheap or nasty at all.

The 5S is of course the real upgrade, but if you can get a 5C cheaply then I'd say go with it.

4. saporiti macrumors regular

I made the upgrade from the iPhone 4 to the 5C... couldn't e more happy. Could have bought the 5S for an extra 100$, but damn that blue 5C is beautifull!:D

5. rgctx macrumors regular

Tried 5C and loved it, the only thing that concerns me is the resell value later on. I noticed they are going for really cheap online right now. (ebay,cl)

6. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

5c is perfect for people coming from Samsung owners! :apple:

7. saporiti macrumors regular

Right mate... I was tired of my last owner! That Samsung bastard :D

8. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

9. Merkie macrumors 68020

10. DcGamer05 macrumors regular

DcGamer05

iphone 5 still benchmaks slightly higher than the 5c also in geek bench the 5 is listed as having an A6 1.3ghz and the 5c is listed as having an A6 1.25ghz ... hmmm

11. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Here in Houston, TeXas the iPhone 5 and the 5c are going for the same price on craigslist which is surprising to me. I thought the 5c would get a little more since it's the newer phone but people like the 5.