Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Irishappletech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 31, 2017
Hi just something that is bugging me doesn't effect me using the devices at all just more an annoyance when I go to settings - General- About the amounts showing beside the photos and videos is not correct

For photos it saying 1380 photos but in fact I only have 1367 photos and for videos its saying 341 but I only have about 336 in total

Why is this the case

Thanks

Irishappletech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 31, 2017
just deleted the junk photos there and the amount is still remaining the same unfortunately

Irishappletech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 31, 2017
I tried deleting the recently deleted photos before and nothing happened that time too. yes I have its matching incorrectly on iPad too. must be a glitch maybe. again no major deal at all its not affecting me using the device and if I want to see how many photos and videos I have I just have to open the photos app and it tells me etc. just would be nice to be able to go there and look at a glance.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I tried deleting the recently deleted photos before and nothing happened that time too. yes I have its matching incorrectly on iPad too. must be a glitch maybe. again no major deal at all its not affecting me using the device and if I want to see how many photos and videos I have I just have to open the photos app and it tells me etc. just would be nice to be able to go there and look at a glance.

Yes that do sound like a glitch. What iOS version are you on?

Irishappletech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 31, 2017
Could be I might leave them feedback hopefully it will be fixed either way in 12.1 are you noticing this too in 12.1 thanks

Reactions: StaceyMJ86

Irishappletech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 31, 2017
I see. Are you noticing a bug where screetime won’t match and sync data across devices accurately like it will show 2 different screen times. Mines always about a 2 minute gap on each it matches on the rare occasions

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I see. Are you noticing a bug where screetime won’t match and sync data across devices accurately like it will show 2 different screen times. Mines always about a 2 minute gap on each it matches on the rare occasions

My screen times are correct for mine and my daughter’s devices.

symphony

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2016
If I recall correctly, downloaded movies from the TV app is included, including downloaded files from Files app.

Irishappletech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 31, 2017
That’s right it takes music videos and videos you shoot on the camera as one total malnutrition but even still it’s still showing an inaccurate amount for videos. When you say from the files do you mean any photos in documents etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.