Why is the Acrobat XI UI nothing like the CC app UIs?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by patent10021, Nov 15, 2013.

1. patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

I downloaded the Acrobat XI trial and man it's ugly. The tool bars and everything are nothing like other Adobe apps and all the sub menus/windows look like Windows windows. Is Acrobat XI brand new? Will they be releasing a new version?

Is there a more powerful Acrobat Pro app by another developer that has a better UI?

2. josh.b macrumors regular

acrobat isn't part of the creative suite applications just like lightroom isn't so they have their unique UIs. I agree it needs an overhaul but I don't really use it for UI I just take my indesign stuff to it for final print stuff.

3. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

Do you purchase app's for a pretty interface, or to get work done?

4. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

In 2013 I expect and pay money for nice UIs to help me get work done enjoyably and efficiently. Even the SDK looks great. If you have a choice between spending your money on two things that do the same job similarly but one has a slicker more user friendly UI what would you buy? Wait, let me guess. Based on your comment, the uglier one. Yeah and you're posting on a Mac forum from a Windows machine which you've been using since 1995. If you're on a mac then you're a hypocrite because everything you can do on pretty OSX you can do on butt ugly Windows.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Adobe Acrobat Pro XI was released this year.