Why is the alarm volume so quiet now?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by MostRecents, Sep 12, 2015.

1. MostRecents, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016

MostRecents macrumors newbie

I have my ipad hooked up to the hifi system, and it is set to play a song when the alarm goes off in the morning.

However, the volume of the alarm is so quiet. I have tried everything to increase the volume but nothing seems to work.

Am I missing something? I don't understand it at all. I can play the exact song once the alarm stops and the volume is where it should be, but if it's playing via the alarm it is very quiet.

I have the latest version of iOS 8.

EDIT: I found that if I removed the amp input cable from the headphones socket, I was able to change a volume setting there that I hadn't previously had access to. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me but hopefully this is what I was missing.

2. MostRecents, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016

MostRecents thread starter macrumors newbie

Found the issue: the iOS alarm app only plays at a low volume (if at all) through the headphone socket, and what I was hearing (at a low volume) was in fact the iPad speaker.

I have to use a 3rd-party alarm app, or a dock (with its own software), if I want to wake up to my own music. You can't just plug straight into a hifi.