Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

electronicsguy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2015
Pune, India
Hmm, I beg to differ. I am getting excellent battery life. But (I think) your claim makes some sense.

Well that depends on your particular case. What I stated is a matter of fact, as apple has designed it. Its possible that you are indeed closing apps that were running in the background. But that's a co-incidence, not necessarily based on the MRU list. you will achieve the same effect, by switching off notifications and background refresh for those apps.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
6.5 hours of usage with 6% left is not great, but it's certainly not bad, let alone "THIS" bad for an iPhone 6. Factoring all kinds of things that would go into battery usage (like cellular signal and GPS usage that uses more battery than many other uses, for example) there's certainly a range of what would be reasonable.
How is it not bad?You realise playing 3 races on Real Racing 3 or any game for that matter and another 15 minutes of web browsing and I could exhaust this battery in just 3 hours.And note this is AFTER uninstalling the Facebook app.Before that it was around 5 hours of usage

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
How is it not bad?You realise playing 3 races on Real Racing 3 or any game for that matter and another 15 minutes of web browsing and I could exhaust this battery in just 3 hours.And note this is AFTER uninstalling the Facebook app.Before that it was around 5 hours of usage
Bad compared to what? Seems like we might be talking about different things.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Compared to every flagship smartphone.Show me any competitor flagship which sputters out in 6 hours
I'm simply talking about the battery life compared to other iPhone 6 phones. Comparing to other phones is an apples and oranges type of comparison as many have different sized batteries, different screen technologies, various carriers that support WiFi calling that can play an impact on battery usage vs those that don't--basically quote a few variables that don't really make for good comparisons short of mostly generic ones (which are like just saying that an economy car gets better gas mileage than an SUV, which is true, but is neither here nor there given the differences in the vehicles).

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
I'm simply talking about the battery life compared to other iPhone 6 phones. Comparing to other phones is an apples and oranges type of comparison as many have different sized batteries, different screen technologies, various carriers that support WiFi calling that can play an impact on battery usage vs those that don't--basically quote a few variables that don't really make for good comparisons short of mostly generic ones (which are like just saying that an economy car gets better gas mileage than an SUV, which is true, but is neither here nor there given the differences in the vehicles).
The title of this thread is whether the 6 has good battery life.6 hours is not good battery life

OGPrince

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2016
Florida, USA
Is this any good? I'm on 9.2.1 on a iPhone 6s, Samsung A9 Chip. I did a fresh restore last night and I'm about to do a full cycle in a minute.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    140.7 KB · Views: 99
  • image.png
    image.png
    133.5 KB · Views: 105

vertsix

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 12, 2015
Texas
Is this any good? I'm on 9.2.1 on a iPhone 6s, Samsung A9 Chip. I did a fresh restore last night and I'm about to do a full cycle in a minute.

Yeah that's pretty good. Wouldn't reccommend doing full cycles every day though.

Reactions: OGPrince
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.