Why is the Facebook/Instagram app getting larger and larger?!?!?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by moldy lunchbox, Nov 22, 2011.

1. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

As most of you guys noticed with the new iOS5 you can look at the size of individual apps from the Usage menu in Settings. With this, I've come across a pretty big annoyance, Facebook seems to grow more and more over time.

The individual app is 14.4MB, yet I have 75mb worth of documents/data store as well. I've reinstalled the app and that clears it out fine, but seriously what the hell is all this junk that's getting lodged on my phone? I have plenty of free space left on my 16gb, but im still not happy about a small app turning into almost 100mbs, the size of a 3D game. And seeing as all my newsfeed/photos load off the internet and not locally I'm confused.

Instagram does that too, yet again my photos from there dont load locally. Not to mention shouldn't take up much space regardless.

What's the big deal?

2. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

If I had to guess I'd say that they're probably image caches.

3. h2ihn macrumors newbie

I have the same problem

I'm suffering from the same problem too!
    it has bothered me to see the facebook application's getting bigger and bigger in size so that it became to eat more and more of my iPhone memories.
    For the WallpapersHD app, I noticed the same problem but the app allowed me to clear image caches via the applicaton's own 'setting' section.
    How can I reduce the size of the facebook app into its original size?
    In other words, how can I clear image caches from using the facebook app?
    does it have features to clear the junks that were made fron its use?

4. moldy lunchbox thread starter macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

I just delete it and install it again I guess. Never even noticed this until iOS5.