Why is the header red???

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by therocket, Nov 3, 2010.

1. therocket macrumors member

Just a question...
    When you are browsing the rumors page, on the right hand side you can see the different forum categories ie. Mac Rumors Articles, Page 2 Rumors, Buying Tips ect.
    now, most of these headers have a blue background but the Macbook Air header has a redish background and I am curious as to why this is.
    My original thought was that it was a 'hot category' but it has been red since before the update and im not sure that it is the hottest category in these forums...

anywho, does anybody know the answer to this question?

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I'm sure we can fix it. I captured the evidence.

Attached Files:

3. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

On the h3 tag, class="other" should be class="mac" :) - but maybe this is intentional?

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Is it just me, or am I seeing four different colors for four different headers?

Attached Files:

5. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Yup, I'm seeing several different colours too. Both in your screenshot, and at the home page. (FF + Safari)

6. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

You guys should just become color blind then this kind of stuff won't even bother you.

7. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Then I'd be blind as well as deaf. No thanks.

8. therocket thread starter macrumors member

yeah, but all of those forums are quite different from each other and maybe this justifies them having different colors, however, what makes the MBA thread so special from other mac computer categories like Mac Hardware, or Software or The iMac, or the MBP... wait, iMac doesnt have a location on the side bar, nor does the MBP... I guess that is why it is a different color-It is a subcategory of Mac Hardware.

problem solved, maybe:confused:

Edit:
    however, this brings up the issue of: Why is the MBA worthy of a location on the side bar, but not the iMac, or MBP ect...?
    hahaha