Why is the iCloud backup on my iPhone 6+ taking so long?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChrisTX, Nov 24, 2014.

1. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

So as the title suggests I am trying to backup my iPhone 6+ so I can essentially upgrade to iOS 8.1.1 However I realize 2 hours later it is still backing up saying 44 minutes remaining! :eek: I haven't owned an iPhone since the iPhone 4 and usually let my iPad back up on it's own. However I thought it might be wise to back up my phone before upgrading iOS. Is this wait time normal? If so then I guess I'll let it continue on. I've only used 12.2gb so it's not like there's really all that much to be backed up. Any suggestions?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. ChrisTX, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014

ChrisTX thread starter macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

That is a good question, I'm going to run a speed test. This might be the answer as my internet connection is sometimes intermittent. Decent download speed, horrible upload. hmmm :(

For what it's worth, as of 9:10 my phone finished backing up. It's not THAT big of a deal, I just wasn't sure if this was normal or not.

4. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I've noticed that the iCloud service seems to have slowed down since iOS8 came out. I'm on iOS7 still and using the same broadband as previously, but it takes forever with the 'estimating back-up time' portion at the beginning.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

If you are geting ready to do an update, I suggest doing a hard complete backup via iTunes. I do the cloud backup nightly but still do a hard backup at least once a month.