Why is the Modern Buckle Band unavailable ?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Voragon, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Voragon macrumors member

Voragon

I wanted one of the modern buckle bands and it's listed as currently unavailable. I was surprised. Thought modern buckle was a front runner. Any info on it?

2. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

Yeah I kind of wanted to get one too. I think the black will make a sweet dress band to complement my link bracelet. All I can guess is that Apple underestimated the demand and shifted all the current supply towards packaged watches.

Funny thing is, when i logged in to make my pre-order last night/this morning, I saw the watch I wanted had a 4-6 week wait (SS Link) and was bummed so I looked to see if anything was better, saw the modern buckle at the same estimate, and then grabbed the white sport 38mm with a 4/24-5/8 ship estimate and just went for it. Then I went in and made a second order for the SS link bracelet with a 2-4 week shipping estimate, maybe twice as fast as the whole watch with that band.

With a product line this complex, availability is going to be complex as well and likely to change a lot over a short time as Apple makes production and order adjustments to better match what people really want to buy.

So I'd just keep checking back every few days and hopefully they'll become available for separate order sooner than later.