Why is there a ringtone setting for iPad... not even trolling/joking

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stoopkitty, May 28, 2011.

1. stoopkitty macrumors member

ok... so i was looking through the sound section in my ipads settings, and there is a setting for setting the ringtone...what? i googled this and found nothing. my ipad obviously cant receive calls...soi what does this do? does anyone else have this setting? I have enabled the "use for development" thing (which i enabled to get multi tasking gestures) if that has anything to do with it. Also, without even thinking about it, there was a ringtone tab in itunes when i first got my ipad and i said sync all ringtones.

2. 184550 Guest

Is there a chance it's for FaceTime?

I have no idea as I don't feel the need to upgrade from my original iPad and I'm currently on an iPhone 3GS as I'm waiting for the iPhone 4S/ 5/ whatever (hence no FT and, again, no idea if one can have a separate ringtone for FT calls).

3. samywamy10 macrumors regular

samywamy10

Hey,
    I've enabled my iPad for multitasking gestures too, however I can't seem to find the ringtone option.

Is it under a category or is it it's own category?

4. Hustler macrumors 6502

Hustler

Settings > general> sounds> its at the top of the list right under the volume slide bar.
    I have it too, also enabled gestures.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

It's for FaceTime.