Why is there always an error when I download my printer software?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by C00KiE, Oct 16, 2009.

1. C00KiE macrumors member

C00KiE

This is like the 5th time I have tried to download my hp printer software. Right when its done completing i get two pop-ups. One says "The application HPIO Trap Monitor quit unexpectedly. Click to relaunch the application again...." So I click relaunch and the same thing pops up. The other pop-up says "Congrats you have successfully installed the HP software click continue to run assistant. So I click continue then get the intro click next and there is no device to select:confused: What do I need to do???

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

HPIO Trap Monitor may be incompatible with your OS. You can remove it by going into /Library/StartupItems or it could be in /Library/Printers/hp. The printer setup assistant does not need to be gone through to add the printer. After the drivers are done installing, quit the setup screen, go to Print & Fax in System Preferences and try to add the printer through there. You may also wish to consider downloading drivers for the printer through the HP website rather than the ones on the disc you have, that way you can identify if there's an updated driver specifically for your Mac OS version.

3. C00KiE thread starter macrumors member

C00KiE

Updated through the website and that fixed the problem. Thanks.

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040