Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coffey7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
I am using my macbook laptop through a wireless network right now. Instead of saying I have 2 hours or 50% battery life, I just get the battery picture with an x through it.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
It's a small bug in OS X, for some reason, it can't 'find' the battery. I simple restart will fix this (or possibly put it to sleep and wake it back up).

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
yeah i had that as well. Not sure why, though.

The cross though the battery usually means there is no source of battery power, which obviously isn't right, because you are running off battery.

I just plugged mine back into the wall and let it charge up, and it works fine now. If that doesn't work, log out or restart the computer:)

edit; damn you, ericnau! :p

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
It's a small bug in OS X, for some reason, it can't 'find' the battery. I simple restart will fix this (or possibly put it to sleep and wake it back up).

Disconnecting the power supply usually makes it find the battery again in a hurry.

coffey7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Thanks, I have never seen that before. I was getting worried. I stat says I have had 112 cycles and have 97% life. Its almost been 1 year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.