Why is there no iOS 6.0.2 for the 4th gen iPad?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by chrismarle, Dec 21, 2012.

1. chrismarle macrumors 6502

Honestly, if I recall correctly, the iPhone 5, iPad mini and 4th gen iPad are all using the same WiFi chip so if there was a bug on the iPad mini and the iPhone 5, it probably was in the 4th gen iPad, right?

2. jvacek macrumors newbie

could be that, i would assume it has to do something with the size, but I am not sure if they actually do use the same chips, that would be worth checking.

Maybe the update is still in the oven, who knows

3. brylliant macrumors regular

brylliant

There was a software issue that affected the iPhone 5 and iPad mini only, thats why.

4. chrismarle thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah. I know that. But since all three devices are using the same WiFi chip and so, probably the same software that goes with it, I was wondering why it has been excluded.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

It was a bug fix update.
    Common sense would suggest that apparently the iPad 4 must not have required any bug fixes.

If you own an iPad 4 you should be thankful it apparently has no issues that needed to be fixed.

6. sbailey4, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012

sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

My understanding is the iPhone 5 and iPad mini utilize the 5ghz band as well as 2.4 ghz for wifi and the drivers for that was what was being addressed. Not sure why the iPad 4 would not get it but as stated above perhaps it didn't need the bug fix.

7. spyguy10709 macrumors 6502a

spyguy10709

The iPhone 5 and Mini use the same antenna structure, which in combination with a glitch in the WiFi chip's firmware, was causing the issue. The full size ipad uses a completely different antenna, which didn't "clash" with the bug in the Chip's Firmware.

8. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Here's the real question: are YOU experiencing problems with WiFi on the 4th Gen iPad?

9. chrismarle thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

No but I wasn't having problems with my iPhone 5 neither