Why is there no ios appstore main thread in here?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Silver78, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Silver78 macrumors 6502

Silver78

Its like apple support and apple community inhere... No main thread for the ios app store? Or I cant find it any of the places?!

Think there is plenty to fix in that app store... For me the option of narrowing search is missing.
    You can search games and then a genre of games but you can not narrow your search further. So you have to go through the 9900 crappy games destroyed by in app purchase and ads before finding the 100 that is worth anything.

I would like the option of sorting the apps with option of not showing apps with in app purchase and ads, also nothing is free in this world so the option of removing free crap from search also.

Many apps also dont have reviews in my language so option of choosing reviews from which country you want also.

Regards a guy getting frustrated about apples wall of silence...even in their own support community (almost) only sits hardcore apple fans ready to defend apple at any cost... Where is apple in that community?
    Wanted to adress my problem with apple but only option is to go through apple support with serial and all (from one of the expensive products i have brought within tha last 6 months) and still you have to kindly ask the heavenly apple for for permission to talk to them!? Jesus christ for them to make an exception... What is this... The service of one of the richest companys in the world!.?

2. nparmelee macrumors 6502

There is an area for iPhone and iPad apps on the Macrumors forums - http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133

It sounds like you really want a new feature though for the App Store, for that you should really send the request to Apple directly. Most software companies look at new features based on how many customers request a feature. Requesting on discussion forums won't be much help, you really need to request it to the company directly. Maybe try sending your request from this site:
    https://www.apple.com/feedback/

3. Silver78 thread starter macrumors 6502

Silver78

Thanks but I think I have been there at some point...

Does anyone know what criteria the hitlists in ios app store is picked from?

There is ex sold apps. free apps and most sold apps.

The sold apps I have no idea what that catagory means.. Most recently sold, most sold today?

Free aps well yes but most downloaded free apps? Or what?

Is it random?

I also highly doubt that many of the apps in these catagorys even should be there?! ..we are talking complete garbage in some occations.

4. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Has any of this been addressed with iOS 8 app store? They added a new tab called explore that digs through categories differently. Also search has been improved as well as what devs can do with their app previews. Many things.

5. Silver78, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014

Silver78 thread starter macrumors 6502

Silver78

I really really wonder what criterias gives the apps placement in the app store popular lists?
    I know there must be some people paying for the fake app store games with their fancy icons and pictures that mislead. We are talking about often chineese fake crap apps with the only mission to gain access to info on your phone.
    There cant be that many stupid people downloading this crap so what makes that crap end up in these lists?

The app store is like one of those free mailorder paper magazines... You think you just ordered a kitchen appliance...in the mail you recive a small kitchen magnet shaped as the kitchen appliance.

When u look at most popular sold apps. All the fremium one armed slotmachines for kids with inn app purchase show up. With many of these you have no idea of the cost of completing og playing them. This is no way like the old game arcade Here..You pay a small fortune for the device yourself, then often pay for a game until finally you also pay to play the game.

The popular fremium should have their own katagory...or just go away forever.

I looked at search options on the android google playstore which I think is even worse.