Why is there no screen-mirroring in Lion through Airplay?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by markrox7, Jul 8, 2011.

1. markrox7 macrumors 6502

I still don't get why Lion doesn't have the ability to have its screen mirrorred to an Apple TV through Airplay. Would be great.

2. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

My thoughts exactly. That would help me so much

3. Multicover macrumors newbie

I completely agree. I want to see apple tv's connected to flat screen tv's in meeting rooms with the ability to wirelessly project my MacBook screen to the tv via AirPlay screen sharing. This would just be one more reason for corporates to move from wintel to Mac.

4. urkel macrumors 68030

I'm still trying to figure out why they havent implemented OS X YouTube Airplay yet.

Airplay on iOS is neat but it sucks because for some reason the iPad can't multitask when airplaying video. So it would be nice to do youtube airplay from a laptop, but so far its not a (built in) option.

5. jschmitt macrumors member

jschmitt

if you believe the rumors about the next generation of AppleTV software supporting bluetooth keyboards, you might JUST get your wish sooner than later :)

That would be an AWESOME feature!

John

6. djrod macrumors 65816

djrod

7. kbj32 macrumors newbie

Yes I am looking forward to airplay through lion. Corporates can start buying apple tvs for £99 each instead of rather more expensive and cumbersome projectors. This is of course providing that they dont want to connect Windows PC's to Apple TV (Ahh bit of an issue there)

8. marc11 macrumors 68000

But you can screen share and see and work with another Mac over the Internet so AirPlay should work okay.

9. dknightd macrumors 6502

I think atv only does 720p - fine for video, not really enough for a mac screen IMO.

10. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

99$ AppleTVs don't have screens. :rolleyes:

So you'd still need the projector...

11. kbj32 macrumors newbie

Yes you are quite right. Should have added that they could have a sleek flat panel display with the apple tv.