Why is there no Tips, Help and TroubleShooting Sub-Forum for the Touch?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Firestar, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

It seems odd that there isn't a Tips, Help and Troubleshooting sub-forum for the iPod Touch when there is for the iPad and iPhone, and I think that the Touch forum is more popular than the iPad forum.....

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

It's a borderline call. Adding a forum is always a compromise between differentiating different types of threads or contributing to "forum bloat", the tendency for the number of forums to continually increase. The iPad forum gets about 22% more activity than the iPod touch forum, and the iPhone forum overshadows them both (the percentages could changer over time). At some point the number of iPod touch help threads might be worth yet another forum. Right now there isn't a huge volume of iPod touch threads. More than a week's active threads are typically on the first or second forum page, not buried and pushed out of sight as a help thread in the main iPhone forum might soon be.

3. Firestar thread starter macrumors 68020

Firestar

Ok. Thanks. I understand.

Last night when I looked at the front page there were about a hundred more viewers on the Touch then the iPad. :)