Why is there only an option to sort out iPhone news from other news?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by aiqw9182, Feb 10, 2011.

1. aiqw9182 macrumors 65816

I'm talking of course of this page that filters out all news except for iPhone news.

[​IMG]

So why isn't there a Mac tab that filters out all news that isn't Mac related? Or an iPod tab? Or an iPad tab? Or why not just combine the iPhone, iPod and iPad into a single iOS tab while adding a Mac tab?

I see no reason as to why there's only an iPhone tab at the moment.

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

The iPhone tab was added in 2007, when Apple introduced it, because of the large number of iPhone owners (and people interested in iPhone news) who were not Mac users.

If I may ask, are you interested only in Mac news, or are you just pointing out an inconsistency?

3. aiqw9182 thread starter macrumors 65816

Both. Occasionally I'm looking only for Mac news and the entire front page is literally filled with iOS related news that bumps a lot of Mac news down forcing me to check the long list of recent articles that are organized solely by time.

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

OK, understood. Thanks for the suggestion to provide a Mac-only news option. You're probably not the only one who would like it.

5. FluJunkie macrumors 6502a

Indeed not. I'd very much appreciate such a filter - despite owning both an iPhone and iPad, I very rarely care about news for them.

6. dolphindolphin macrumors regular

7. Evmanw macrumors regular

Evmanw

I don't want a mac tab (not that I am against it in ANY way), but I would love to see an IOS tab instead of an iPhone tab

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Having tabs for all of the products would make it easer to sort out what people are looking for as well as clean up the main page.

9. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Definitely not. I suggested this about 6 months ago.

10. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You mean like this in the left sidebar?

Screen shot 2011-02-14 at 12.57.49 PM.png

(Yes, the categories are woefully out of date, and yes, they'll be updated with the still-in-process site redesign.)

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The front page needs to be neater. It takes forever to scroll down to find information that is more than a day or 2 old. The main page should just be one item per product and put the rest in the tab system where you can sort it out and find all of the news on the iPhone or Macbook Pros. The right side bar with all of the forum topics should be revamped as well. I would even suggest taking it off of the main page.