Why is there still no iChat app from Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheProduct, Jun 18, 2009.

1. TheProduct macrumors newbie

Why is there still no iChat like app made by apple for the iPhone. It really wouldn't be that hard for apple to create an iChat for the iPhone. Yeah i know you can use aim and the other 10,000 i.m programs but it would be nice to see one from Apple.

2. Akira1980 macrumors 6502

Akira1980

I am guessing they are waiting for the network to get better. I am sure video iChat is what Apple have in mind. For now we can use the AIM app but it kind of sucks.

So ya, I want iChat app too.

3. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

Maybe... if iChat is a default app for every iPhone, a huge number of people might not spend $15 or $20 for TEXT MSG?

4. levpa05 macrumors member

iChat

Wouldn't it be hard to use iChat with the cam on the back side of the phone? unless you don't need to look at who your talking to, then why iCHat?

5. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

I don't want another icon I can't hind anyway.

Good point.

6. TheProduct thread starter macrumors newbie

idk, it would still be cool to have a default iChat app on the iPhone. I would still use text messaging also. Oh well, maybe in 2010?

7. nfl46 macrumors 603

iChat on the AT&T network...GET REAL! Now, that's laughable. If AT&T can't get MMS and Tethering out as of now, imagine iChat clogging up their network even more, lol.

8. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

9. BryanLyle macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

Exactly. We might as well give up any hope of being able to video chat with anyone over AT&T's network. That would absolutely crush it.

10. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I want an iPhone only messaging service like BBM that tells you if something is delivered, read, and being replied to. One that is free to use and works worldwide. ATT allowed RIM to have it, I really am hoping Apple will do the same.

11. TheProduct thread starter macrumors newbie

But if we can use aim on the iphone, why not ichat? what would be the difference as far as messing with the network?

12. rasher macrumors newbie

I agree completely with this.