Why is this happening to me?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kidwithdimples, Mar 2, 2009.

1. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

I got the new aluminum macbook in Jan. I use it for college. I always keep it clean from dust or whatsoever. It's not my first mac.. I had the white one then sold it and got this one.

Now all of a sudden the magsafe is not working? I can't charge my macbook at all. As soon as I plug it in.. I can see a small green light but it's dimmed. It's not solid at all.

I still have 1yr warranty and I just wanted to know if there is anything I can do about it before I take it to the Apple Store. Damn it I have a paper to write and I can't use my macbook. My battery is almost running out.

What should I do? :(

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Why? Because you're left-handed and you masturbate too much!!!

Seriously, if you can't charge the thing, then take it to Apple, even if you have a paper to write. Unless you have another computer you can use, you don't have much choice.

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Get it fixed instead of posting here while your battery runs out? :D

4. kidwithdimples thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, I am right-handed.

I just checked the Genius Bar appt online and there are no available times for today. I go to the 5th Ave Apple Store. I was thinking if I could just take it there and might be able to find a spot?

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You should take it into Apple with the plug so they can test both the laptop and the plug. If it is just the plug, they'll issue you a new one free of charge. If it's the computer they'll take it and repair it ... most likely under warranty providing there is no evidence of abuse.

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

They'll more than likely just give you a new charger on the spot.

7. kidwithdimples thread starter macrumors 6502a

No abuse at all. I love my macbooks. I kept my white one clean as possible and I have no words to describe this new one.

Okay. I will head to the apple store now.

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Ok, you deny being left-handed because it isn't true, but you don't deny the excessive masturbation? :p

Anyway, it's probably an in-and-out job for the "Genius" who takes care of you. It's most likely the charger itself. However, if it's the logic board, you're looking at a lengthier repair, perhaps a few days. I'm not sure if repair turnaround is faster in the UK than it is in Australia or Canada. It probably is. :eek: It's slow as molasses in Australia, and quicker in Canada. However, people here report repair times that are short enough to surprise me sometimes. I went to an Apple reseller for a repair, and it took them 8 days to diagnose and fix the problem. They need to order every part they require, so it takes time.

I think your repair time should be short, even if its a logic board replacement.

9. kidwithdimples thread starter macrumors 6502a

A few days?????? Oh no. Well I can use a friend's computer but still I am always on my macbook.

I read in Apple's forum about this problem and for some people it had to do with the Logic board.

I DONT KNOW WHY WOULD THAT HAPPEN TO MY MACBOOK (sorry for caps) :(

It's not like I dropped it or anything. It is still brand new.

10. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Chance and manufacturing defects. I'm sure you could make a case, should it be a logic board, to get a laptop to fill its place while it's out. At least, they did that with my iPhone.

11. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

GO to apple, you'll be good.
    SCHEDULE AND APPOIntment

12. kidwithdimples thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I went without making any appointment and next thing you know is they are all filled up.

Haha I scheduled one for Wednesday. Tuesdays are taken.

Oh man.. what a rough week and it's only Monday.

I will update this thread on Wednesday.