Why is this now happening?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by adamman41, Oct 15, 2007.

1. adamman41 macrumors regular

When i install an app from installer app it used to just install after i clicked the home button but now i have to reboot my ipod for the programs to work now, why is this?

2. baummer macrumors 6502a

Because it needs to refresh the filesystem, as I understand it. Only way to do this is to reboot the Touch. What apps did you install where you didn't need to reboot?

3. Tres macrumors regular

Do you have Summerboard installed? This only started happening for me after I installed Summerboard. Rather than rebooting your iPod you can just go into Summerboard config and press "Restart Summerboard".

4. solyd macrumors regular

You mean "Restart Springboard", and that will only refresh the Springboard so it shows the new application. Certain applications will still require you to restart (turn off and then back on) before it is able to function correctly.

5. jcs1088 macrumors regular

my touch is doing the exact same thing. but it's a very small price to pay to have all that goodness. so i just roled with it.

6. Tres macrumors regular

Yes some will, but not all, which is what the OP is having problems with.

Actually I think Summerboard is the only app so far (besides the installer app) that I've had to restart for.