Why is this person private messaging me?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by 030108, Apr 15, 2008.

?

Is this guy trying to phish, virus, or spyware with a private message?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 030108 macrumors member

Why is this person sending me a private message? The message makes no sense to me.

He includes a link in the private message. I checked the link with www.siteadvisor.com AND a large percentage of the user reviews say the site is NO GOOD despite siteadvisor saying the opposite.

I was not going to visit the site anyway, especially under the circumstances, but I would tend to give more credence to the user reviews.

His macrumors username is turing2

Where do I report suspected abuse on macrumors.com ?

I tried to add .jpg attachments of my screenshots, but it does not seem that I have the ability to do that on macrumors because once I click UPLOAD I get sent to a "you are not logged in page".

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

We apologize for the inconvenience. He was sending spam via PM last night, and we banned him once we received the first report of it. Unfortunately, some of his spam apparently still got through.

If you wish to contact the moderators about incidents like this that are not related to a specific post, please use the Contact Us link that can be found at the bottom of every forum page. If the issue relates to a specific post, please use the "Report Post" button ([​IMG]) next to the post in question to contact our moderators. Thanks! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.