Why is this showing up when I login?.. please help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by qwertya, Jul 4, 2007.

1. qwertya macrumors newbie

hello guys, I dont know what is this for? It is in Login Items, too. Why is this showing up when I login? Is there any reason? what should I do except calling 911 :p PLEASE HELP... :eek: :eek: :eek:

[​IMG]

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Seems like there might have been a problem with the superdrive firmware. Did you run the firmware updater. It is most likely found in Utilities, may have additional information there about how to get rid of the message/ properly update your firmware. (Can't check as my machine doesn't need the firmware updater and so it doesn't appear in software update)

What computer do you have,
    did you download this via software update
    What firmware is your superdrive currently running
    did you try running the firmware update manually
    you can just remove it from the login items.

It may be that somehow it got added to login items and you have already don e the firmware update hence hte message, but i can't confirm any of these points as i cant test or play around sorry.

3. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

happens to me every time I reboot too. don't know why. I have a Macbook CD, superdrive. I've tried running it multiple times, never says anything.

Have no idea how to get rid of it.

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

You could try just removing it from System Preferences - Accounts - Login Items

5. qwertya thread starter macrumors newbie

THANK YOU xUKHCx

first, sorry my english skill is not very good..
    i have macbook osx (intel) 10.4.10

it just came up, cause my software updates are auotomaticly from itself..
    also my mac is new... yesterday it just update by itself and this thing came up, i dont want to erase from Login Items.. cause i want to learn, whatta heck is that.. but thanx for your help touque

6. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Well my <insert your mother tongue here> isn't very good

Go to your Utilities folder and run the application called "SuperDrive Update 2.1" and follow the instructions. Check that the process completes properly, it usually provides a message telling you what is going to happen.

It is does complete properly but you are still seeing the message then you can probably just remove it from login items.

7. qwertya thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried this way, but still same thing is coming, there is no instructions, but i erased in Login Items.
    I dont know why is that happening, anyway thank you for everything..

(also my mother tongue is kurdish, i dont think u can :))