why is tmobile touted as so much cheaper?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by utl768, Sep 10, 2014.

1. utl768, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014

utl768 macrumors 6502

i just priced 3 lines on tmobile with iphone 5s's with 1 line unlimited data and the price was 196 plus tax

right now i pay verizon 205 with tax for 3 lines with 6 gb data which is more then enough

is 10 dollars the savings everyone is talking about?

2. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

I priced thre lines, one w/ unlimited, the other two w/ 1GB each and got $120 - $80 for the first line, $30 for the second line, $10 for the third line.

Does your Verizon plan include subsidized phones?

3. utl768 thread starter macrumors 6502

ya

4. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

I pay lie $230 with 5 lines unlimited everything on tmobile

5. travis64 macrumors 6502a

travis64

i pay $30 a month pre paid
    5gb lte ult text and 100mins
    i use magic jack app for free ult calling

6. rockitdog macrumors 68020

It's because with T-mo your get their itty bitty teeny weeny cute little network included!! :D

7. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

Depends on how you do it.

Right now I have 2 lines, unlimited everything, on tmobile for ~80 bucks. How? Because I signed up for tmobile and had a random facebook friend "refer" me. So now I get unlimited data for a year for really cheap.

Otherwise, aka in a year, if I were to match my previous att plan, it is still cheaper. I paid ~100 a month for two phones with 2gb of shared data...which I would sometimes go over and get charged extra. On tmobile, for ~90-100 bucks I can get my line with 3 gb, and my wifes line with 1 gb (she doesn't even need that)...and I don't get charged if I go over. That combined with the free streaming music...its a win win.

Is tmobile as good nationally? No...not yet, not this year. But if it is good where you live, why not? Hell...if I change my mind, ill just take my iphone back to at&t.

8. CEmajr macrumors 601

Well you're pricing unlimited data plans for one thing. The equivalent on Verizon or AT&T could be anywhere from 20-300GB depending on the user since they don't offer it. You need to compare the low data allotment plans to make an accurate comparison on that front unless you're comparing them with Sprint. Keep in mind too that exceeding data limits on T-mobile doesn't result is massive overages each month like Verizon/AT&T. That's something to account for and it's one of the reasons I left Verizon. I don't like my phone bill being a variable expense.

9. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

Not cheaper short term, cheaper long term. The idea is that you sign up with V and they charge you for service + payments. And at the end of the contract period, you keep making payments for a device thats already paid off. Ts payments last for 24 months, then 'drop away', leaving you paying only for the service.

This should be ideal for people who keep their phones 3-4 years. And in theory, V and A would match these and give everyone more options. Though not a deal if you like a new phone every 12-24 months.