Why is Whatapps so laggy and choppy in my iPhone 6 plus?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by iNotion, Oct 29, 2014.

1. iNotion macrumors regular

iNotion

2. zosokm macrumors regular

I have found the same issue- clearly the app has not been updated for the 6 plus and everything is just blown up with a large keyboard. Hopefully they will update it shortly with interactive notifications

3. boabmatic macrumors member

boabmatic

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Because the developers have not yet updated it for the iPhone 6.

5. amitabhbansal macrumors 6502

6. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

Whatsapp is always extremely slow, e.g. 16:9 iPhone 5 aspect ratio in 2012, iOS 7 redesign in 2013. Both came nearly half a year after the first iOS beta. That's unbelievable for a company with that kind of money and scale.

7. pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

The photo sharing feature is also still missing if you go to 'Photos' app and try to share it with WhatsApp.

WhatsApp is again very slow in releasing a real iOS8 update including support for newer devices such as iPhone 6 (Plus).

8. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

Why do people use Whatsapp? Serious question. I don't get it.

9. pacorob, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014

pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

At the early beginning there was SMS which was quite expensive and not unlimited in characters. At that time there weren't any unlimited sms bundles (or very expensive).

Then Blackberry messenger, WhatsApp and others came and you only needed WIFI (free at home/office in most cases) or 3G/4G to use. Most users stayed with WhatsApp although Facebook bought it. I would like to switch to a better alternative (i Like Apple's Messages) but not all friends/family have an iDevice and won't switch to an alternative (e.g. Telegram) then WhatsApp.

10. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

Because iMessage is not cross platform :(

11. minimo3 macrumors 6502

WhatsApp usage grew quickly because they removed some of the bottleneck for getting on board - you don't need to go through a process to create a user ID unlike almost every other messaging service out there. WhatsApp uses your phone number as your ID. It also automatically populates your buddy list by scanning your phone book and cross referencing it back to its list of registered phone numbers. A smart move. Unfortunately that also leads to one of its major limitations - it only works on phones. Unlike iMessage or Facebook Messenger you can't use WhatsApp on iPads or your PC/Mac.

12. hrv888 macrumors 6502

The most recent version v2.11.12 of whatsapp keeps on crashing on my iPhone 6 with iOS 8.1. Does that happen to anyone else too?

13. soufflegirl macrumors member

I hate Whatapp and I think it may have the worst, slowest developers of all time. I wish people weren't so stuck on that app. Why do people fear change so much, dammit?! Telegram is a thousand times better and can be used on all devices for free. It's been updated for the 6 and the + and works like a dream. I uninstalled Whatsapp, so if people won't switch or use iMessage, then I guess I'll see them when I see them ;)

14. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

I seriously hate the app but when more than 1 billion people use it and for some reason they stick with it, you're kinda left with no choice. It's insanely popular in China and some European countries which would make me think that they would update it sooner as that's a lot of iOS users. The app continually freezes on my 4s and I need to wait 3+ minutes for it to work, sometimes closing it several times in hopes of it working. I'm lucky that Kakaotalk and Line are gaining popularity, at least they update frequently and work.

15. alanarkadia macrumors newbie

16. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

Whatsapp is insanely popular in Hong Kong but it's the world of WeChat (Weixin) in mainland China.

17. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

Why is Whatapps so laggy and choppy in my iPhone 6 plus?

That's might be true, just got the information from Chinese foreign exchange students. Also it updated today and no issues but it did take them 2+ months.

18. big samm macrumors 65816

Well the app got updated with bug fixes and support for iphone 6 and 6+

19. pacorob, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014

pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

But does it now also support iOS8 share feature 'Extensibility - Share' so you can select photo(s) in the Photos app and send them directly to a contact via WhatsApp?

20. big samm macrumors 65816

No it doesn't... I would like that feature for Instagram...

21. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

Finally! It's a bit earlier than last year's iOS 7 update which came in early December.

22. saldawop macrumors regular

Anybody having problems with WhatsApp?
    I don't use it that much ,updated earlier today,just opened up app and it just crashes back to Home screen.