Why isn't Airport Extreme auto reconnecting?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dacreativeguy, Sep 27, 2007.

1. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

I have an Airport Extreme N router connected to my cable modem. It has been working fine for 2 months. Today, I woke up and couldn't access the internet and the Airport indicator light was orange. The Airport Utility had opened and was telling me that it couldn't obtain an IP and that I should check my settings. Since the cable (crappy Comcast) had probably gone down overnight, I just chose "ignore" and the light turned green and I had a connection again.

The problem is that the Airport required interaction from me to regain the connection. Is there a way to tell it to just reconnect on its own? I had netgear routers for years before the Airport and whenever the cable went out and then came back on, it would just work. If the Airport is requiring my interaction to regain connectivity, if I am not at home my network won't have internet access until I get home. This isn't ideal.

Any advice? Thoughts?

2. defsquad macrumors regular

wow, that is really lame. i've been thinking of making the leap from my old xyzel 802.11g router to the aebs, but have read sooooo many problems that people are having. i would love the airdisk feature and of course the dedicated 5.0ghz frequency for .11n so that my appletv can finally get some .11n love for better streaming of my media. i'll definiltey be watching this thread (and the hundreds of others in this forum where peeps are having serious issues with the aebs)