Why isn't Apple releasing 3G S's faster processor/Ram info?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by benlee, Jun 10, 2009.

1. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

I guess the Title says it all?

I just don't understand why they aren't using the technical mumbo jumbo on its site or anything. Seems odd.

2. jkimbro0316 macrumors regular

I don't know why Apple isn't telling anyone, but if you go to the main page of macrumors, you'll see that it has a 600 MHz processor a 256 MB of RAM. Sounds pretty good to me! :D

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Does it really matter? I mean, I've never even thought about what's driving my iPhone or before that my old blackberry.

4. benlee thread starter macrumors 65816

benlee

Of course it matters. the iPhone is becoming a mini computer, and I certainly want to know what is powering my macbook.

I agree that I didn't really care what my original iPhone was using, but now I have something to compare it to.

Perhaps Apple thinks people don't care? But I find it odd that it is no where to be found on their site.

5. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

6. dagomike macrumors 65816

Probably trying to avoid yet more comparisons to the Pre. 2X faster is all you need to know, I guess.

7. benlee thread starter macrumors 65816

benlee

8. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Apple also never said what the color resolution of the iPhone screen is, athough I'm pretty sure it's a really decent 24 bits.

I think part of it is what others have said: Apple doesn't want to get compared directly against any other device, if they can help it.

Especially now, with WVGA OLED screens popping up everywhere, some with 1 to 1.5 GHz Dragonfly processors using half the power they did before.

Besides, doesn't it feel more luxurious if the specs are meaningless to the owner? :)