Why isn't my avatar showing up?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by benlee, Feb 12, 2008.

1. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

Anyone know why I can see every one else's avatar but my own shows up as a "?" mark?

Thanks for any info.

2. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

You are right, it is not showing up and instead is showing an unknown image icon. However, when I click on it to go to your profile it shows up in your profile.

This is probably a problem a moderator needs to fix. In the mean time, it might help to know what type of file, size and dimensions you uploaded.

3. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

When i went to the page it showed up for a second...then it went to "Benlee's Avatar"

4. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

There can be a lag between when you upload your avatar and when it starts showing up. Just give it a few hours and it'll start showing up. I think it has something to do with the avatars being on a different server.

Good choice though...Denny Crane. :D (it shows up in your profile)

5. benlee thread starter macrumors 65816

benlee

It was working a couple hours ago.

It is is Jpeg and under the maximum file size and dimensions.

How do I contact a mod to fix the problem?

6. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

There's a list here. Probably better to contact an Admin like Doctor Q or WildCowboy rather than a mod. :)

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

yes an admin can help you better than a mod, but as was noted earlier is probably lag between the two servers syncing since the 'tars are on another server.

8. benlee thread starter macrumors 65816

benlee

Would the lag matter even if it was working prior?

Edit: I Pm'd the admins. thanks for the help. Hopefully you can all see Denny Crane again soon.

9. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

yes. if you had an avatar up previously i've seen it replaced automatically, but with incorrect dimensions(if the two were different, meaning it retained the previous dimensions), and then when its been 'syncing' it turns to the broken image until it gets sorted.

go ahead an contact an admin if you feel its necessary, or wait until tomorrow and see if its fixed by then, since it should be.

10. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

This issue appears to be affecting multiple people now. We're looking into it.

11. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Yeah I noticed it at work a while ago but thought it was just the dodgy computer at work playing up, but its still happening at home now.

12. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member