Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seedman76

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2011
I'm in the process of trying to copy my iTunes music library from my PC to MBP. I searched for and found numerous useful and easy to understand articles in the forums on how to do this process. The issue I'm having is that much of the music in my iTunes library is not showing in the "My Music-->iTunes-->iTunes Media-->Music folder. Only a small portion of my music is in that folder. I can see it in iTunes but can't find it in this folder. What's going on here? Thanks.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Choose any track that you can't find there, go to the File menu (or right-click) and select "Show in Finder". That will reveal it's location.

jW

seedman76

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2011
Choose any track that you can't find there, go to the File menu (or right-click) and select "Show in Finder". That will reveal it's location.

jW

I'm not able to do this as I don't have my library added to my MBP yet. I can see the music files in iTunes on my PC but can't see those same files in the iTunes music folder. How do I locate their position? Once I can find them then I think I can get them moved to a external drive and then to my MBP. Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.