Why isn't the 1.1.2 on itunes yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by benlee, Nov 9, 2007.

1. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

When will it be on itunes? Not sure if i want to risk doing the other method...if there is a risk but i want to try the custom ringtones trick.

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I am going to guess they want to close the wholes of the supposed already hacked 1.1.2. Thats just my guess. On the other hand, maybe we were never getting this update, and this was only for Europe. I doubt it, but its sorta possible...

3. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

that would be rather sneaky..release the update outside of itunes, wait for it to get hacked, then rerelease it with fixes.

I don't know if that's what is in fact happening, but it would sneaky.

4. erandall38 macrumors 6502

maybe testing it out for bugs first before they go completely mainstream.

5. mrowl macrumors regular

maybe because iTunes is getting hammered right now with the new activations, new downloads, etc... wait 24 hours for it to slow down.

6. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

It would sort of make sense. Most people that did this update (or atleast some) did it in order to get a head on hacking. Most normal people will wait for it to go onto itunes, so its sort of sneaky yes, but well planned out (if it was indeed planned out)

7. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

Why 1.1.2 is not available via iTunes yet is a sort of enigma. I think one possible reason might be that Apple may be trying to measure the number of iPhone/iPod Touch consumers by region that are taking the initiative to download and install it on their own.

This may give them a better understanding of how many consumers have hacked iPhones vs consumers who have clean iPhones and are eagerly installing Apple updates.

8. overcast macrumors 6502a

What do you think, they are counting the number of people by hand on their fingers? What the hell does it matter if we all go at once, or it's region by region. I think they have enough sophistication to decipher that.

Ok guys, we're going to open up downloads for only Westcoast. Ready, start counting.

9. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

not what i meant at all.

10. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

but kinda funny...