Why? (iTunes under Windows)

Chef Medeski

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2005
975
0
New York, NY
I have this recurring problem. I'm running iTunes off my 10.4.2 mac computer. And after opening it once, and closing iTunes. It reopens. I mean I can't quit out without it opening itself back up.???? Help its tedious and a waste of processor.
 

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
4,355
1
Chef Medeski said:
I have this recurring problem. I'm running Windows off my 10.4.2 computer. And after opening it once, and closing iTunes. It reopens. I mean I can't quit out without it opening itself back up.???? Help its tedious and a waste of processor.
I'm with vniow, "huh?" Your first sentence is ok, but then you start running into problems. You can't run Windows on a system that runs OS X.4. You can Virtual PC and load Windows, is that what you are trying to say?

Ok, then, your next sentence isn't a sentence. It has no subject. After opening what once? What happens when you close iTunes? Ah, your next sentence, It reopens, while technically a sentence, doesn't really say much. What reopens? iTunes I am guessing?

All in all your post doesn't really describe what you are having a problem with very well. To use a great quote from a great movie: "You gonna have to come a little more specific with that".
 
Comment

Jedi128

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2005
274
0
New York, NY
How about we forget the why this and the what that and answer the question.

I too have had iTunes on occasion re-open after closing it. However, I am doing this under 10.4.2 and not running Windows. It doesn't re-open everytime I quit just some of the time. Maybe a problem iTunes 5.0 (or 4.9.1) will fix? I know its annoying, but if I quit it again it doesn't re-launch so its really not that big a deal........
 
Comment

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
5,684
1
LaLaLand, CA
I'm just going to post here to further the "huh?" posts, and so I can check back later to see if anyone has figured this out.
 
Comment

quackattack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
571
0
Boise, ID
Like others, I don't completely understand. I had a similar problem running iTunes where it kept reopening. Turns out that an iTunes controller widget in Konfabulator (back in the 10.3 days) kept it open.

Perhaps another program (or widget?) needs access to iTunes and keeps forcing it to reopen.
 
Comment

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
32,191
5
Adelaide, Australia
quackattack said:
Perhaps another program (or widget?) needs access to iTunes and keeps forcing it to reopen.

I think this is the answer people. Completely ignoring the Windows part, if you have the iTunes widget running in Dashboard, it'll open iTunes each time it is activated, which is pretty annoying.
 
Comment

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
726
0
mad jew said:
I think this is the answer people. Completely ignoring the Windows part, if you have the iTunes widget running in Dashboard, it'll open iTunes each time it is activated, which is pretty annoying.
I'll say i got rif of that damn widget for that reason. not a problem since
 
Comment

BornAgainMac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2004
6,413
3,330
Florida Resident
Could it be that you are connecting your iPod (accidently or purposely) and that is causing iTunes to open up after you close it? You can turn that feature off.
 
Comment

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
3,791
267
Asheville, NC
quackattack said:
Like others, I don't completely understand. I had a similar problem running iTunes where it kept reopening. Turns out that an iTunes controller widget in Konfabulator (back in the 10.3 days) kept it open.

Perhaps another program (or widget?) needs access to iTunes and keeps forcing it to reopen.
That was happening on my Windows machine with the "FoxyTunes" plugin for FireFox running. Drove me nuts so I finally uninstalled the plugin...has worked fine since!
 
Comment

Chef Medeski

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2005
975
0
New York, NY
Jedi128 said:
How about we forget the why this and the what that and answer the question.

I too have had iTunes on occasion re-open after closing it. However, I am doing this under 10.4.2 and not running Windows. It doesn't re-open everytime I quit just some of the time. Maybe a problem iTunes 5.0 (or 4.9.1) will fix? I know its annoying, but if I quit it again it doesn't re-launch so its really not that big a deal........
Sorry I accidently wrote Windows isntead of iTunes. I'm running straight from my power book like above. I have a dashboard widget of mini iTunes from Apple the Symphonic song searh and AlbumArt which is from no clue. I trie repeadly to quit it and it enver quits. The weird think is that someitmes it closes sometimes it doesn't I guess I'll monitor my widgets next time I close it. Thanks for the help. Sorry about the confusion.
 
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.