why mac? and...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ahmad123456789, Jan 3, 2009.

1. ahmad123456789 macrumors member

i want to ask some questions:
    1. give me reasoons to buy mac.
    2.i went yesterday to mac store and they told me that alu macbook(2.4) were not available. so i was considering of buying it from the online apple store, but i wanted to know if then the mac store here in my country(panama) would change it if it comes with any kind of problem. Also how many time would it take to reach here...!!

PLEASE ANSWER...!!:)

2. Emerica macrumors member

If you buy a Mac from the apple store online, you can definitely bring it into your home-Apple store if you run into any problems.

You should get a mac if you think it is the right computer for you. I like them because of the way they look and the intuitive OS.

3. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

The question should be thrown back to the OP. Why were YOU interested in buying a Mac? It's not a question of us convincing you, it's about what got you interested in getting one?

Also to the OP, please be careful on how you begin threads like this, you can easily start a Mac vs. PC flame war from PC fanboys.

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

If said retailer is an authorized repair center, then you can take it there if you have problems. If not, the store will not be able to do anything to help you if you order it online.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

1. Macs have no viruses and do not need to be defragged or maintained. Just use it. Macs are better quality and can last for a long time. You get excellent customer service.

2. Yes, you can exchange it at any Apple store or authorized place.

6. LeFu79 macrumors newbie

Nothing is perfect, even mac's are not, but...
    I do have a MacBook intel 2 GHz about two years now, I brought it after few years with other systems, because I liked user interface and easiness of being creative.
    If you are looking for a way to make music, movies, slideshows, websites, or other things like that, Mac will be very good choice, its easy to start thanks to video tutorials on apple.com, and then even easier to go on with it.
    If you are looking for gaming, it may be not the best choice, for most of every day common use, like net-surfing, word processing etc. it's as good as anything else... but don't forget about how it looks and feels ;)

7. kennyli macrumors regular

Pros

1. Less virus. Others say NO virus, this is wrong. Only less!

2. Hardware and software (OS) made by the same supplier (Apple) and they are perfectly matched. Means less software conflict.

Cons

1. Less softwares, not to mention that very less business software

2. Less games. Basically, not designed for games

3. Less hardware upgradability

8. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

You can counter all of the cons (software related) and just throw windows on when you need it. Best of both worlds.
    Wicked operating system for every day use.
    Windows for when some thing is not available for OSX (or just not as good as the windows version)

9. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Yes, but for the same price as a MacBook you can get a PC notebook which has a much better dedicated GPU, making it much better for gaming.

10. TinyHulk macrumors member

11. kennyli macrumors regular

I see a lot of friends only use Windows with their MacBook :D

My sister is an example. She needs to use Maths and Accounting software, so she uses a MacBook Air with Windows! She never use OS X in her MacBook Air!

Why MacBook Air? Why not other notebook? 1st, because her company paid for the MacBook Air. 2nd, because MacBook Air looks better ;)

12. gotzaiPhone macrumors member

1. It actually works! Period.

In my years of using craprosoft products, I've had nothing but problems. In my almost 3 months of being a mac owner, I've had ZERO problems. It works when I need it, it turns off when I want it too and I have not had one "this program is not responding" issue.

Funny, my old man took a look at my macbook and was sold on it all but the price. He played with it for hours without a hitch. But being frugile that he is, he went for a dell notebook instead. He calls me over all proud of his purchase and within minutes of trying to show me what it can do, it froze twice and gave the "this program is not responding" 4 times.... on a BRAND NEW MACHINE.....

Thats why you get a mac, it actually works..... PERIOD....

13. Jpoon macrumors 6502

Not to defer you from buying a Mac, but there's literally been millions of dollars spent on the Apple Website to convince you why and for what reasons.

Why you specifically should get a mac *question #<insert indiscriminate number here>* doesn't warrant the forum clutter imo.

But if you REALLY must know:

http://www.apple.com/getamac/