Why Mac Pro!!! Go iMac...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by gokhany, Jun 29, 2011.

1. gokhany macrumors newbie

Apple:),

I have already placed a request for the 30" iMac in my previous feedback. Now, i would like to explain why people need a 30" iMac... Almost all of the engineers, all over the world, are working for very big companies or government (industrial and national laboratories) that don't hesitate to buy very good products, like 30" iMac, to increase the efficiency and most importantly the employees's motivation. We really don't need something powerful than 3.2GHz quad core machine like Mac Pro... Most of the companies have already their own small or large scale clusters... National labs have 100 million worth of supercomputers. There are not many people who are performing CPU or memory intensive simulation on their desktops any more, including graduate students (all of the universities have their own linux clusters or have access to the national super computer recourses). All we need a BIG screen... 3.2GHz dual core machine with a 4GB memory is enough for almost everybody, including 3D gamers (95% of the gamers already have PS3+HDTV. They don't ned a computer anymore).

Think about it, a 30" beauty , standing on your desk... That's what I would like to see as a Nuclear Engineer and nuclear code developer. i can work on 8 terminals at the same time on the same screen. I would buy one for my office and another one for my house.

Oooo, by the way, maybe a year ago, a friend of mine told me that she would buy a iMac for her office in her new house although she didn't know how to use it... Don't you get it... She loved how my 24" iMac looks... WHY: She said, its design is great and it is BIG. By the way, she got a castle in TN for 350K:) Good del haa!!!

As you see there are all sort of people who would love a 30" iMac.

Think BIG, go BIG... I am sure that everybody who work for APPLE are dreaming a 30" iMac. But for some reason, you are afraid of following your instincts... WHY? I know why... Finally, you became a very big company and you don't want to risk anything anymore although you got a very big risk when you first released the new generation MACS with the OSX 10 years ago. Do you remember!!!

I don't think you have technical difficulties to develop a 30" iMac. Even the 27" iMac resolution is more than enough for 30" iMac.

Do it before it is loo late... Google is working very hard on all sort of things... And I admire their courage as i do that of yours....

Sincerely,

Gokhan Yesilyurt

2. skier777 macrumors 6502

I hope this is a joke. :D

3. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

I tend to agree with that story. I love iMac for what they offerr and how they perform. Aside from limited upgradeability, mobile GPU and "one damage and everything is going down" thing .. iMac is the best desktop for me.

MacPro seems no different than another old fashioned workstation or even regular PC today. One tower, one display, keyboard mouse. Well it runs OSX natively, but then what? What makes it unique as Apple product?

But i guess Apple knows that. So they put it on right corner of their catalogue. Not because it's the most expensive, but it something Apple dont try hard to offer anymore. iMac is in the center of Mac universe now, go figure . lol

Even the popular Macbook pro is not something that special anymore in their marketing campaign

4. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

What is this post? When did you become the authority on what all companies and the government need computing wise? Please please PLEASE disconnect your imaginary 30 inch iMac from the internet.

5. skier777 macrumors 6502

Whats wrong with a computer that looks like a computer? And even so, just barely.

Have you or the OP ever used one? I do on a daily basis on my job, and I can achieve things that I could not on any other computer.
    When was the last time you had 2 dvds inside your imac at the same time, oh right, when it was broken...

6. Stan Mikulenka macrumors 6502

Hi,
    this "Nuclear Engineer" needs to go back "Compulsory"...

7. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Why should I buy an iMac when it has an in my opinion unusable crap screen that gets smudges behind the glass and I have to replace it every two years because I can't upgrade anything?

No thanks, have already tried it, and it sucks.

8. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

9. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

I don't care.

Steve,

Sent from my iPhone.

10. RealSkyDiver macrumors 6502

lol the TS obviously has no clue that they are both geared toward two different markets. Pro is geared mostly towards professionals, especially when you are working in the music and movie business. There is NO way the iMac will ever replace the pro because it will never be as fast as the latest model and in that business it's all about speed and processing power. Things like 64GB Ram is the norm in studios.

11. Stan Mikulenka macrumors 6502

Hi,
    and I wonder at the "big" diff. between 27" and 30" he is fighting for...

12. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

160 pixels in vertical height.

13. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

Yeah, I dont get it either.

27" iMac = 2560 X 1440

30" screen = 2560 X 1600

so all this moaning for 160 pixels?

14. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Not at all, just your apparent fascination with the number 30. You haven't presented a scenario when a 27" display is inadequate.

Since when did Google make all-in-one computers? o_O

Nope, all this moaning for zero pixels.

15. MacHamster68, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011

MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

its the only Mac that is user upgradable open the side change harddrives , ram (takes much more ram then a iMac too) , gpu(takes multiple desktop gpu's and can power up to 6 27" cinema displays) ,all without the risk of destroying the display or other unimportant parts .
    if you wish its the ultimate apple gaming rig for those who still use a Mac for windows gaming

16. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Yes, no doubt for such kind of space .. MacPro is the best Mac available. It can contain all desktop/workstation hardware without heat issue.

I was just saying about the form factor is not special. Not that it's bad, in fact it's the best Mac (performance wise), but it's not special or unique. True, it's the only Mac which can be customized by user. But not that free anyway, you can't suddenly insert Radeon 6990 or GTX 590 or even multiple GPU on it, unless Apple provide them, or you're going rebel and hack something. Still, limited customization compared to a real gaming rig.

iMac is all-in-one .. I realize PC side also has a few all-in-one .. but iMac is the best .. by far compared to any of them. And form factor ... it's just sexy. And, hi end iMac is actually faster than 2008 or 2009 MacPro, isn't that something? Cramped all over the space, but perform beautifully

With today technology, anything smaller still not possible to compete with MacPro from recent generation, so please MacPro owner .. no offense here and I never agree to OP statement about "Please eliminate MacPro already from Mac universe" .. I was just talking about form-factor, iMac is just more special in that field.

In car analogy, I might say iMac is like Ferrari F430, and MacPro is Ferrari F1 F150 .. and you know F430 would never beat Ferrari F1 F150 (at least from the same generation) on real circuit .. but which one would you choose?

17. robert83 macrumors newbie

Yeah, they should upgrade the iMac range to include a 30inch iMac pro, totally agree!

18. DisMyMac macrumors 65816

DisMyMac

The 30-inch should be along in the next 1 or 2 years, but NutsNGum is right. Apple doesn't listen to customers, or to pleas like yours, because Steve just doesn't give a bleep.

19. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

Really? After Apple stop making a 30" ACD and switch entirely to 27", you expect them to resurrect that screen size?

Err, no. There won't be a 30" iMac.

20. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I bet you sit in the front row of theaters even if they're mostly empty. :)

Why not buy a Mac Pro (which is more fault-tolerant) and connect a big monitor to it? Just sayin'.

21. MacHamster68, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011

MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

true the 30" Dell 3008wfp is ready to connect to the MacPro , its a H- ips panel

or the old 30" cinema display , matte display

or get the old dell UltraSharp 3007WFP matte diplay too

but the old 30" cinema display is still the best cinema display apple ever produced

27" sounds like they run out of money to add the other 3 inches

22. Stan Mikulenka macrumors 6502

Hi peskaa,

"160 pixels in vertical height. "

I know the diff. - this was a rhetorical question...
    (I have 1 x 30" + 2 x 27").

23. Vylen macrumors 65816

24. G4er? macrumors 6502a

It's the only Mac that I don't see owners posting concerns about heat build up. It's the only Mac with some jacks on the front where they are easy to reach. It is the only Mac that has an easy to open case. It is the only Mac that offers any internal expansion.

You're right. Why the heck is Apple making a computer where function comes before form?