Why Macbook battery is not higher than 10 hours

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cibonak, Oct 28, 2016.

1. cibonak macrumors regular

cibonak

"I know that's a bold claim, and Apple's engineers have done seemingly impossible things before. But I'm not talking about science -- I'm talking about the law. It's illegal to carry a laptop on an airplane with a battery capacity greater than 100 watt-hours -- and last year's 15-inch MacBook Pro already had a 99.5 watt-hour power pack."

Therefore 10 hours is pretty good for a quad core CPU

2. Dephibio, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016

Dephibio macrumors regular

According to Apple's webpage, the new 15" MacBook Pro packs a 76.0-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery. They could use bigger battery if they wanted.

3. TooManyRichards macrumors newbie

Exactly. They did the same thing with the Iphone 6 and 6s. Decrease battery size in order to increase thinness. It's nonsense. Most MBP users are use to having industry-leading battery life for the performance. Apple thought they would get rid of this feature to increase thinness. The monkeys are running the circus now.

4. neteng101 macrumors 65816

Look at the stats - they must have gone crazy trying to meet that exactly 3lb and 4lb marks... totally ridiculous and anal.

5. badlydrawnboy macrumors 65816

This was my single biggest disappointment. I have a 2013 MBA i5 that gets 12+ hours of battery life. I was hoping to replace it with a MBP that at least matches it. Looks like I'll have to give up 2 hours.