Why macbook cant connect to internet

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dayum, Feb 6, 2009.

1. dayum macrumors newbie

my macbook cant connect to the internet. i dont know whats the problem but everything seems to work fine but it wont connect to my clearwire and the page always say ther sever time has ran out or something like that. does anyone know whats the problem?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Sometimes you need to connect via wired (ethernet cable), then setup your wireless connection/router, also check to see if your service provider requires installation via CD...

3. MBPDiva macrumors regular

Sometimes the problem is the router you're using. Belkin routers has known compatibility issues with Macs, although Belkin tech support will deny any issues. If you're using a wireless card, sometimes your location is the problem. You might be too far away from a tower. Or you might live in an apartment on a high floor or there are too many trees blocking your signal. You might need a signal booster for your wireless card. I hear Verizon makes one.

4. mogzieee macrumors 6502a

Can you post screenshots of you problem? That can sometimes help.

5. dayum thread starter macrumors newbie

im not using no router just the clearwire modem or whats it called with the ethernet wire connected to my mac. im new to using macbooks so i really dont know whats the problem and how do you take a screenshot?

6. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

Have you gone to your network section of your preference folder and chose the ethernet option? My newer MBP had issues when I added my Airport Express but finally worked it out and then locked the settings. Sometimes it can be as easy as restarting or resetting the PRAM. I would also check the Apple Peripherals section here and Apples Discussions Section at apple.com.