Why must all dedicated Macbook Pro bags be so hideous?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by puma1552, Feb 11, 2010.

1. puma1552 macrumors 601

I've been looking high and low for a messenger bag for my 15 inch Macbook Pro (preferrably one where i can still use a sleeve), and all i can find in terms of dedicated bags is ugly ugly unprofessional and ugly

ive looked at tom bihn, crumpler, brenthaven, etc, and without fail the bags are hideous and/or unprofessional, even in plain black.

any suggestions for a messenger bag that isnt hideous?

2. jdaniel macrumors 65816

acme made telun black canvas. gotta add on your own shoulder pads tho

3. coolwine macrumors newbie

Timbuk2 makes some very nice bags ranging from bike bags to business bags. all with nice padded secure laptop areas large enough for a laptop and a sleeve. I have the timbuk2 messenger bag that i tote my 15"mbp uni and a booq sleeve with plenty of room to spare. The best part is if you dont like the pre-configured bags you can design your own on their website.

4. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

There was a whole thread dedicated to this subject. I saw a few in that thread that were actually really nice. Check it out.

5. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

6. phrint macrumors 6502

You can't go wrong with Booq. I have an older Boa backpack and it is awesome. Plenty of space and the design is very minimal. Check out their newer messenger bags as some have already recommended.

I've had mine for 5 years with no issues. Still looks brand new.

7. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

8. moel macrumors 6502

9. MikeSantor macrumors regular

I was in your same predicament right before Christmas. I have a good friend that works at Oakley so I have TONS of there bags but there not that professional looking. Especially when im going in and talking to owners of multi million dollar companies in Chicago. So I finally got a big leather Coach messenger. Coach has a few nice messengers ranging in a few different sizes. If you like leather, I would check them out.

10. puma1552 thread starter macrumors 601

I like coach, name/link to bag? i like the coach varick mini messenger, but i cant see the inside...hate when they dont show inside shots. im open to leather, but prefer canvas/nylon.

ive got my eye on the louis vuitton Messager NM in black...I have the Petit Messager in Earth from them and love it to bits, so I'm curious to try one of these higher end messenger bags with a laptop pocket that would still let me keep mine in a sleeve and just be careful

$1500 though, ouch

11. dkletter macrumors newbie

The halfmass messenger bag from patagonia is one of the best bags I've ever owned. It's laptop sleeve is suspended so you don't set your computer directly on the floor. It's well padded and fits a 15in mbp nicely.

12. llachar macrumors newbie

another nice bag is

the STM Bags Medium Alley Shoulder Bag (36USD) I use for my 15" MBP
    functional and looks great.. they make a 13" and 17" bag too

llachar

13. Prhymeate macrumors member

eastpak do a few nice ones with laptop sleeves but they are mainly bags, with a sleeve for a laptop, not strictly laptop bags that only have room for a laptop and are very slim.

14. Kenzembo1 macrumors 6502

Nice, but...

Do you know if they make a smaller Booq Boa to fit a 13" MBP? The one listed here is ideal for a 15" and I quickly browsed the website and couldn't find a smaller bag.

15. mpkayeuk macrumors member

Nonononono guys. Surely Be.Ez make the coolest Mac dedicated laptop bags at the moment. I've just bought a LeBag Pro 17" and it's excellent.

www.be-ez.com

16. Steve Jobs. macrumors regular

if you're looking for a case, then the BOOQ VYPER is the best you can get.

They even have VYPER bags and stuff that you may want to check out.

good luck in finding a bag!

17. vacuumtube macrumors newbie

Been using one of their bags & sleeves daily for my 15 mbp uni. Great bag & great sleeve.

http://www.sfbags.com/

18. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

I actually like Brenthaven... Or Swissgear, but they share their products with other brands (they licence, I think).

I would get an Incase sleeve first. They are fantastic - good protection, practical, cheap and stylish. Then your options would be better to find a suitable messenger bad or even a backbag that has proper protection for a laptop. A 15" MBP is a bit expensive to 'kick around' in a messenger bag...

19. Lounge Deluxe macrumors regular

You might want to check out the messenger bags by Freitag (www.freitag.ch or on eBay). Very cool bags in numerous unique designs.
    The F12 Dragnet model will fit a MBP 15" perfectly.

20. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg