Why my iMac have double partition on boot screen?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by blackwhite999, Jan 28, 2015.

1. blackwhite999 macrumors member

blackwhite999

i have install bootcamp from bootcamp assists. But when i go to my bootcamp windows from boot option i see my mac and windows partition double is 4. How i can remove 2 partition double on screen boot menu?
    You can see screen short on attach file

Attached Files:

2. UniDoubleU macrumors regular

UniDoubleU

I have the exact same issue, now we can both be baffled with 2 Macintosh HD! I'm not sure if it's caused by me migrating from another Mac or not. Though, when I can a Boot Camp partition there weren't a duplicated option.

My external USB Windows partition also shows up as EFI Boot which sometimes get confusing when there's another bootable USB stick on it. Is there a way to change the name? And... Recovery HD doesn't show up on the Boot Menu.

3. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

try a PRAM reset
    Option, Command (⌘), P, and R when rebooting. hold it down and let it reboot atleast 4 times to see if it clears it.

4. blackwhite999 thread starter macrumors member

blackwhite999

Today i have update 10.10.2 and go to boot screen one of Macintosh HD double removed, but still have double Partition bootcamp.
    I'm try to reset PRAM not working
    any idea?

Attached Files:

5. UniDoubleU macrumors regular

UniDoubleU

6. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

For the bootcamp side of things, have you booted into the Windows partition lately?

Try that and see if that clears it up.

you could also temporarily make that your default boot OS and boot into it and then see if that resolves it.

I cant really pinpoint where the issue maybe coming from, ive seen alot of buggyness with 10.10 and multiple boot drives (Some just say EFI Boot).