Why My Leopard never success shutdown?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jauhari, Jun 8, 2008.

1. jauhari macrumors regular

jauhari

I don't know why, after upgraded to latest 10.5.3 when I shutdown my MBP never success, my MBP keep it on. So I must turn off by pressing power button for 5 - 10 seconds.

What's wrong? and how to fix my shutdown problem?

Best Regards

2. G-Com macrumors regular

Run the Activity Monitor. Then select My Processes and see if there's something unusual or unexpected running. Force Quit from that and then try a shut down.

3. jauhari thread starter macrumors regular

jauhari

I was check it with Activity Monitor and there nothing weird on it. Everything run with perfect.

I was tested to force shutdown with power button than I turn on again. and after my MBP ready to use and test to reboot, run with perfect. But if I used this MBP for my work and try to shut down, the problem will show up again :(

I was try fix it by run several command with OnyX and the problem not yet resolved.

So what's the problem? Please give me advice

4. Amdahl macrumors 65816

This is a known bug in 10.5.3. It can be triggered by many different scenarios, including running Firefox or any related code. Mozilla has a workaround in their development versions, but the problem itself is in OS X.

5. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

Do you use the bittorrent client called Transmission? If so, that program currently has a major bug that causes leopard to die a slow death that doesn't even seem to be related to Transmission.

6. applefan69 macrumors 6502a

applefan69

I use transmission on all versions of leopard so far, and I use it ALL the time every day, its in my "Start up on login" items, so basically its ALWAYS running in the background, and i have no had a single problem from it.

Let alone even heard of what your talkign about. Could you please elaborate more? Quite honestly way you put it, has given me a bit of a scare i dont want to have my leopard messed up.

7. JangoFett124 macrumors regular

motulist: What are you talking about? This has nothing to do with Transmission, and you speak of a problem that hasn't even been conclusively determined to be caused by Transmission, and definitely is an issue that has hit VERY few users. Please, stop spreading misinformation.