Why my MacBook air will no longer work with a Sprint hotspot?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by sannysky, Jun 14, 2011.

1. sannysky macrumors newbie

I can't connect my MacBook air to the internet on a Sprint hotspot. It was working fine before, and it works perfectly everywhere else. Also, every other computer (including a pc I'm using now) can connect to the internet with this hotspot, but mine.

The airport recognizes the network, connects to it, but when I try to browse something it shows an exclamation mark, the alert says "No internet connection..." while it has full signal!

I don't know what to do. I've tried several times to use the Network Diagnostics, I've deleted the network from my preferred networks... don't know what else to do. Please, can someone help me?:confused:

2. pil0tflame macrumors member

It's possible that the Sprint hotspot has been setup to deny your MacBook Air internet access for some reason or another. If this is in fact the case, you'll need to talk to someone managing the hotspot to get unbanned.

A quick way to test this theory, if you're somewhat technical, is to follow the instructions here: http://osxdaily.com/2008/01/17/how-to-spoof-your-mac-address-in-mac-os-x/

By changing your MAC address, your MacBook Air will appear as a different system to the Sprint hotspot.