Why nature is dangerous

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by spaceboots06, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

The story itself isn't to fantastic but the lesson learned is. Don't go outside! :p

Thursday, July 30, 2009, 1:35pm PDT
    Google engineer hospitalized by falling tree branch in Central Park

News reports said Sasha Blair-Goldensohn, a Google employee and expert on natural language search, was struck by a falling tree branch in New York’s Central Park and knocked unconscious on Wednesday.

He was hospitalized in a coma, but apparently began to show signs of consciousness late in the day on Thursday.

Blair-Goldensohn was hurt in both his head and his lung by the 100-pound branch.

He’s a New York resident who studied at Columbia University and works in Google’s office in Manhattan.

His work at the Mountain View company (NASDAQ: GOOG) centers on speech commands and search.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/stories/2009/07/27/daily80.html

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

3. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

And this is why I never leave my room or my house for that matter when ever I get a chance. No joke I have not left the house in more then 60 days and I only leave my room for about a total of 1 to 2 hours a day and thats just so I can take a shower eat and **** lol.

4. JLatte macrumors 6502

Erm... wow. Do you have a serious phobia of the outdoors? Because if not, that's kind of scary man...

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

14.95 posts per day. Need I say more. :rolleyes:

6. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

I have lots of problems.... let me just list a few off the top of my head... :
    psychosis
    ADHD
    paranoia
    bi polor
    OCD

and a couple others I can't remember right now haha but I really don't like people ether I try to stay away from people in real life thats part of the reason I stay in my room so that I can avoid my parents ( not because I hate them personally I just don't like people in general ) I don't mind talking to people online though... I spend about 14-18 hours a day on average on my computer

7. JLatte macrumors 6502

Hey I'm sorry, it sounds like you've got quite a load, well hope you get better or grow out of some of them someday.

8. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

haha don't worry I joke about it anyway ( even though its true ) no worries.

9. spaceboots06 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

From what you wrote, perhaps this too?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder
    I have a mild case of that.

10. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

that cant be good for you

how you get your vitamin d?

11. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

Perhaps, my friends do say I lack emotions towards anything really. ( and yes I do have a couple of friends in real life but not many ) I also enjoy being alone I work better alone. When I am around people I feel I am constantly thinking about how I have to act towards them ( things like that don't come naturally to me like many other people ) and its makes me mentally exhausted. When I am around family, emotions ( or at least acting out emotions ) don't come naturally so I have to fake emotions ( so they don't think I am weird or something ) even when a family member died I really didn't feel anything about it( so I had to put on an act ).

What vitamin D? I am like the whitest kid in school haha

quote from wiki :

Emotional coldness, detachment or reduced affection. ( true )
    Limited capacity to express either positive or negative emotions towards others.( true )
    Consistent preference for solitary activities. ( definitely true )
    Very few, if any, close friends or relationships, and a lack of desire for such. ( I have one or two but I don't care that I do and I don't care if I lose them )
    Indifference to either praise or criticism. ( I ignore both, what does it matter it doesn't affect anything ether way?)
    Taking pleasure in few, if any, activities. ( very few is true they are for me : computers photography and a couple others relating to technology, everything else is boring to me )
    Indifference to social norms and conventions. ( why would anyone follow social norms? I mean to fit in? but even so whats the point in that? I follow my own ideas )
    Preoccupation with fantasy and introspection. ( not sure what this means )
    Lack of desire for sexual experiences with another person. ( hate to say it but I just don't see the point in pleasing myself with a woman or anything I mean sure it feels good, but so what? why waste your time with a relationship?)

12. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

13. tabasco70 macrumors 6502

so the lesson learned here is...

nature is dangerous because a branch can fall on you, so dont go outside.

how is this fantastic lol. being outside is a lot better than being stuck inside.

14. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

inside is dangerous as you can have radon, gas leaks,etc lol

15. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

Yes but you can avoid people if you stay inside :).

Hay I have a question: is it normal to think about torturing people and REALLY enjoying doing so? I always think of torturing people for no reason really I just love that feeling that I get from doing so ( in my head of curse ) it feels freakin great. ( I often get urges to kill people and torture them ) is that normal? or not? I really don't know and I don't want to tell any doctors because if it is not normal they might think I am crazy... I often dream and daydream of doing thinks like torturing killing etc... I often have urges to do this as well and sometimes I am scared that I may not be able to control these urges...

if it helps I was in a mental hospital 5 or 6 times when I was little but I don't remember why ( my parents never told me and I never asked...)

I also used to be on a Ton of medical drugs but now I don't take any ( I used to be on 10 or so different meds since age 5 or so until about 2 years ago ( I am 16 years old now )

16. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

No that is not normal

Actually it is quite VERY disturbing

Why would you enjoy making others experience pain for no reason?

Curious: have you tortured animals?

17. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

I love seeing ( in my head of curse ) people screaming out in pain, I like to watch there agony.

I melted a rat inside a plastic container once ( with a heat gun )(it was actually kinda funny ) and shot a bird with a paintball gun does that count?

refering to my last post about not remember why I was in a mental hospital, I actually don't remember very much at all since before I was 10 years old ) my mom used to tell me how my dad used to starve me to death in my room when I was a kid ( 1-4 years old ) and my dad says my mom was the one who did it.

18. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

May I ask why?
    I find the melting of a rat a little more disturbing than shooting a bird imo

19. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

too be honest I don't know. but think about it how do you describe fun? what is fun? your can't really describe the thrill I get from watching them suffer!.
    if i had to put it in words though I would say its something like a mix between riding a roller coaster and having fun its exhilarating and exciting and its hard to explain lol .

It made me feel good to torture that rat and watch as the plastic wrapped around it and burned the rat. I enjoyed watching it try to escape and I enjoy watching it suffer.

20. JLatte macrumors 6502

To be honest, I think you need some help. I really don't mean that in a condescending way, and I know you'll think that it's not help you need, it's just that you have different ideas of fun and why should anyone say otherwise, but ... it's not just about being socially normal and fitting into society, it really sounds like you should talk to a professional about this.

Especially since you've mentioned you've obviously had a somewhat disturbing past, it sounds like a lot of that is still lodged in your memories and you're acting on them. I hope things work out for you in a way that helps.

21. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

Haha well thanks for your help I do you know you mean well. But I have a feeling if I ware to tell a doctor this they would put me back in a mental word..... ( what do you think? )

but thanks buddy :)

22. Mr. lax macrumors 6502

Well, if we're in a joking mood.. You spend 18hrs a day and you're only a regular? You could definitely be the next Mad Jew if you tryed.

23. JLatte macrumors 6502

Hey I think you should talk about it, but not like you're a psychotic person. There's other ways of channeling your thoughts or feelings. I saw your flickr page in your profile, you're a very talented photographer. For someone that doesn't get out much, you take good pictures and look like you know what you're doing from your descriptions.

24. spaceboots06 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

25. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.