Why no Apple environmental or recycling programs?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by princealfie, Apr 14, 2007.

1. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

I went to the Dell Direct Store at Fashion Place Mall (lame looking kiosk) and picked up their catalog.

I saw that Dell does a recycling and plant-a-tree programs. Being an environmentalist, I am puzzled why doesn't Apple have corresponding programs like the way Dell does it.

I thought that Apple had the image of being a progressive program. I really wish that they got more active in being more environmentally friendly with more programs, not just building computers with environmentally friendly parts.

2. Phobophobia macrumors 6502

I don't see Apple as being an environmentally unfriendly company. I applaud their efforts to minimize packaging and offer recycling programs.

3. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

they both do the same things... only difference is that dell asks if you wanna plant a tree at your own cost inorder to offsett the enviornmental footprint of their product....

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Seem kind of pointless...I'll take a tree and plant it myself if I want to help the earth, and my yard would look better for it!

Infact I'll go count how many tree there are on my piece of land, and make sure I have less computers then I do trees!(I do!)

Although my overall allowed computer number is down after we cut a bunch of trees down for a pool a few years back

6. zflauaus macrumors 65816

If the number of trees you have corresponds to the number of computers you can have, I'm going to have one hell of an electric bill because I have a tree about 5 feet in each direction.

7. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Heh... I live on/in a farm/forest, so I would probably be owning hundreds of computers.:eek: