Why no buyer's guide for iPad on MacRumors?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kottkerock, Aug 25, 2010.

1. kottkerock macrumors newbie

2. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

There's not enough data for it. After like the iPad 2 is released then it'll be up probably.

3. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

What do you expect it to say?

Cycle about yearly.
    Two flavors: with or without 3G
    Buy as much storage as you can afford.

Simple, really.

4. kottkerock thread starter macrumors newbie

yea yea, sarcasm aside, I like to see the collected recent articles and the little concise info.

besides, it'd be so simple to ad...it's just a huge missing product on the page.

5. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I've never used their buyer's guide for any Apple products. I've gotten the most accurate info from YouTube reviews, Googling for articles, and the MR forums themselves. I don't always trust a "tech site" to disclose the most unbiased review.

6. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Buyers guide for ipad:

1) Buy it
    2) Enjoy it
    3) don't post anything about the ipad2

pretty easy guide to follow. :p

7. 3583582 Suspended

Uhm. Buyers Guide is not about reviews. It's about predicting when products will be updated to be able to recommend when you should buy a product (so that you don't buy a product just before an update.

8. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Let's see, since the iPad has just recently come out in other countries aside from the US, don't think there's going to be a 2nd version coming out until next April. :rolleyes:

9. redscull macrumors 6502a

redscull

It really does need to be added. Not because there is trend history that could be used to predict the next update. Because you can't have a trend with only one version. But because it'd be a nice reminder of when the last (first) version was released. That's useful data.

10. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

The buyer's guide works on the principal that the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour. (Look at me sounding like Dr. Phil) At the moment there is no past behaviour about the iPad, so no predictions could be made.

11. PCClone macrumors 6502a

We prefer to have everyone post and ask if they should buy one and what model they should buy. Take that away and macrumors might as well shut down.