Why no cases at apple ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richxps, Sep 24, 2012.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Weird All other iphone launches had some sort of cases. This one they don't have any online or in store, is apple moving away from this ?

2. C5Longhorn macrumors regular

3. JoshObra, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012

JoshObra macrumors regular

Same thing here.

[At the Apple store]
    Lady: Hi! How may I help you?
    Me: Do you guys have any iPhone 5 cases?
    Lady: No. But you can try that cart outside. [points to mall cart a few shops away]
    Me: Okay! [leaves the mall]

Some Target stores have some cases in stock and most Best Buys are almost all out (except in Compton).

Case choices are pretty poor though, you're better off ordering something online or wait a few more weeks for the brands to make more cases.

4. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Why no verb in your title?

5. yOyOYoo, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012

yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

I experienced the EXACT same thing. Kind of annoying. I was especially shocked that the cart outside tried to sell me an iPhone bumper for $40. :eek: Ridiculous.

Apple is really missing out on potential millions of dollars worth in sale of iPhone 5 cases by not selling them on the first day of iPhone release. I'm sure tons of people would be happy to pay for a case while they leave an apple store with their new iPhone.

Someone really dropped the ball on this one and missed a great opportunity.:rolleyes:

6. JoshObra macrumors regular

Exactly! And I bet I could get the exact same case for like $10~$15 from a US seller eBay store or even cheaper if it came from China!