Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Just went to Apple store in Canada to buy iPhone SE. Nased on experience, most people in that store don’t know what they are talking about.

When I tried to buy the SE, the guy said that this year, there is no educational discounts for iPhone. Is that really true?

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
Ask yourself this question: "Is this necessary for doing my schoolwork?" Chances are, if it's not essential, it's not going to have an education discount.

Now, you may argue, "I need to listen to music while I do my homework," but you still won't find an education discount on HomePod, iPod, or headphones/headsets (other than the current 'free' Beats deal). You may need to interview people over the phone for your thesis, or use the Calculator, but apparently that's not enough to make iPhone an educational necessity.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
I don't think Apple has ever done educational pricing for phones.

The guy who sold me the phone at an Apple store told me that it depends on the country.

Last edited:

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
The guy who sold me the phone at an Apple store told me that it depends on the country.

Did you consider that the guy at the Apple Store may have been speaking in generalities (store offerings do vary by country), rather than sure knowledge that somewhere in the world, you can get an iPhone SE with an education discount?

Did you know you can view any country-specific Apple web site? If you want to see whether an iPhone is available with education discount in another country, just click on the country flag at the bottom of the web site and choose another.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.