Why no force feedback in games?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mcdj, Oct 29, 2015.

1. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

It would seem the 6S/+ is capable of delivering a much wider, more nuanced variety of haptic feedback than previous iPhones. So why aren't we seeing the Taptic Engine being used in more games? Or at least discussed?

For that matter, where are the games that take advantage of the pressure sensitive screen? Or the drawing apps?

2. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

Well the phone is only a month old, and 3D touch in game requires a lot of thought about the game mechanics. Don't worry, support will come soon enough. Go to the app store and scroll through the top horizontal section in the featured tab. There will be a section "Game for iPhone 6S" and "Apps for iPhone 6S". I know for sure there is a drawing app or two with 3D touch.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Yep, like the above poster said the developers will need to go back and rework the code to take advantage of this feature. Many developers will not waste the time. Hopefully future games will!

4. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Doesn't have anything to do with the haptics, but Astropad Mini uses 3D Touch to provide pressure sensitive drawing without a pressure sensitive stylus.

5. iDanny26 macrumors regular

iDanny26

Slightly off topic but when is that shooter game released, that was in the most recent keynote? I'm not sure what the name was...

I assume that would have force feedback?

6. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

I'm really looking forward to see what developers do with this technology, it looks like it has huge potential.