Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elmo151

Jul 3, 2007
NYC
not exactly their target audience

probably true. very expensive commercial rate to hit the x% of the audience that may be a buyer. their advertising agency does the research to hit the max number of potential buyers for each dollar spent

elcid

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2007
Ya, they are all the MBAir. I dunno, I think a football theme or something could make a really entertaining commercial. This is the single most watched event in a year. People throw parties, and everyone watches for the commercials.

Basically I am saying that they are going to hit more people in that smaller percentage then they would running them during "Scrubs".

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
everyone knows that the superbowl runs the most expensive commercials. Its costs millions and millions just to do it. Like some one said, they probably realized they wouldnt make that money back because of the target audience during the superbowl.

http://www.canada.com/victoriatimes....html?id=765420df-4bf0-455b-8113-e3581a2f58f4

This year, veteran Super Bowl advertisers that are buying numerous spots could be paying closer to $2 million or slightly less per spot. Last year, a 30-second commercial cost $2.6 million on average. For the first Super Bowl in 1967, the price tag was $42,000.

Shua

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2008
p.s. Yes they did play the MacBook Air-Jordan commercial in the pre-game.

Yeal Naim's version of Toxic is fantastic. Now its a joke as Bimbo Spears is Toxic to herself and her family. Tragic but she did it to herself.

Shua

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2008
"Better Results" would have been a good commercial to air as well. Hotness and an easy slam dunk!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.