iPad why no iPad in GOLD?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tbluhp, Oct 22, 2013.

1. tbluhp macrumors 6502a

Is this due to the high demand of the iPhone in GOLD that has caused iPad to not produced any GOLD in iPad?

2. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

A small, gold iPhone is tacky enough.

A large, gold iPad is unbearably cheesy.

3. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

I disagree, the gold iPad mini mockups looked pretty good.
    It's not really gold anyways, it's difficult to differentiate from the silver in some conditions. It's like a yellow silver. I see nothing cheesy about it.

4. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Tacky in your opinion. Obviously not everyone shares it considering how quickly the gold iPhone sells out.

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

Agreed. I'm baffled why people actually like the white/gold iPhone 5S. I'm glad Apple isn't wasting resources on a white/gold iPad.

----------

Well that's obviously a misconception. The only reason why it's selling so well is because its available in limited quantities. That doesn't take away from the fact it is tacky.

6. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

the iPhone 5S Gold is by far the most sought after model, it likely would have been the same for the iPad

I'm sure they're saving it for next year

7. Mr.C macrumors 601

No its not. Again that's your misconception. It seems the most sought after because of the limited supply. The space grey is far more popular if you look at various sources including various forums. I very much doubt a gold iPad would. E any different.

8. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

You just have to look about at the style of many or most people these days. The gold iPhone fits right in with the common blindness afflicting popular culture.

I'd just make sure to buy a fake 100oz gold bar made of plastic to rest it on when in my mobile home or studio apartment with cracked drywall. Then I'd flip on Honey Boo Boo and drink something sugary and fruity in a collectible bottle.

9. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I wanted Purple but they don't offer that either.

:rolleyes:

10. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

My bet is on gold iPad Mini w/ Retina & iPad Air on the next refresh along with the Touch ID update.

11. hoon2999 macrumors regular

no. my bet is on gold iPad Air&Mini coming out 2-5weeks after the launch. Just like how they used to bring out white version of iPhones awhile after the launch.

I believe, Apple was not planning to bring Gold version of the iPad Air. But since the iPhone 5S launch, they found out that Gold version was selling hot. Then they swapped the plan and decided to bring Gold version too. And the only reason why we didnt see them in the announcement is probably because of the manufacturing delays. I mean Apple spends atleast 3-4months ahead of time to assemble their iPad/iPhone before they release it. So I believe Gold version is not ready to release at the same launch date but will be available later. It should be right since we saw couple of gold backplates of iPad in the leak photos.

12. Altis macrumors 68010

My grandma would have gotten the gold. Err.... beige*.

I think it was popular because it was different, they wanted people to know they had the 5S, and some people considered it to be 'bling'. To each their own. :rolleyes:

13. NuggetSauce macrumors regular

I think the gold finish works for smaller items much better than large items. A large item in gold is more likely to be perceived as tacky. Because there are/were genuine 24k gold iPhones on the market.

But I think it was more about Apple having the strategy of giving the iPhone some unique features to give the device more incentive for buyers, since I believe the iPhone has a larger profit margin than the iPad.

14. bobright macrumors 601

I'm baffled at the smug attitude of people pouring on folks who like gold. We're all different you probably wear pants up your ass some need a relaxed fit were all different.

15. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

That's exactly what I said. They act like since your opinion differs YOU'RE WRONG!

16. CairnsRock macrumors member

CairnsRock

Yep, that's what passes for innovation in the post Jobs era.

17. itegypt macrumors 6502

itegypt

+1

18. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

19. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Err... The space grey is more popular because it has been the color that everybody has had in stock.

20. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

I think that the reason that iPad doesn't produce any GOLD in iPad is that there are not atoms colliding in iPad to form GOLD.

21. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Perhaps Apple wanted to test out the new color with the iPhone 5S first, than if it flies, than next year the Champagne color will come out. Just a guess.

22. acctman macrumors 6502a

acctman

23. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

The gold iPhone looks sick. Everyone calling it tacky hasn't seen it or simply cannot remove images in their head of their mom or grandma wearing tacky gold jewelery. It's one thing if you do not like the color gold - understandble, but to say it's tacky shows no regard for design and color combination which is excellent 5S.

With that said, I think it would be a lot harder to make gold look great on an iPad. I still like that about Apple, they don't just do something for the sake of doing it. They probably tried it and it looked horrible. Just my guess.

24. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

its human nature to want whats not available. if apple made a vomit green color in limited quantities, it would be the most sought after color.

25. zooby macrumors 6502a

EXACTLY. Everyone is just buying it cause it's the 'new and different' color. Apple could've introduced ANY color and people would've bought it for that same reason.