Why no Israel love?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blashphemy, Jun 9, 2008.

1. blashphemy macrumors member

Here we are the iPhone is coming to SEVENTY countries, a lot of them developing nations in South America and Africa and the like, and it's not coming to Israel, a Western-minded nation that is as progressive as most European nations and certainly as advanced. Why wouldn't it be coming to Israel?

And on that note, why wouldn't it come to Russia?

2. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

ummm... economics?

3. rolex54 macrumors 6502

it was very odd when I saw countries like south africa and other very 3rd world countries getting the iPhone... And then they didn't bring it to countries like Russia, very strange

4. blashphemy thread starter macrumors member

My point is really why sell it in these developing nations where few people can afford a phone like the iPhone and instead sell it in developed countries where there are a lot more people who can afford a phone like this (I'm thinking the $80/month here, not the $200).

5. javadh macrumors member

oh theres no corporation in the US which isn't pro Israel didn't you see AIPAC a few days ago? and Jobs was talkiing on msnbc and he said China and Russia are very huge markets and they're working on it so it's going to take longer for them to get their hands on the iPhone.

6. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    More aptly, why don't they sell the iPhone in the country in which it is made? That's the ultimate kick in the face.

BTW, is all of Africa really developing? I would assume there are rich and poor people like everywhere else.