Why no Leather Loop for 38mm?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Defender2010, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

I had decided from the reveal that I want a stainless steel Apple Watch, but I find the 42mm to be slightly too big for my 196mm wrist circumference...and I like watches to be smaller on the wrist. I have great eyesight so the screen size does not bother me and in my mind, I feel I might reduce the chance of scratching if the watch is smaller.
    I love the blue leather loop but it's not available for the 38mm size which means I have to rethink my choice - not of size, but of strap. I'm not a fan of any of the other straps apart from the white or black sports strap. Since I cannot get a leather loop I will now probably also change my mind and go for a Sport model too as the aluminium looks great with the sports bands, better than the stainless steel I think.
    Wonder if there is a good reason why we can't buy the leather loop as a 38mm strap. The lack of choice is making me, as a consumer, have to rethink my purchase and spend less. Surely 38mm is not too small to weaken the leather strap (width is 33.3mm on 38mm model and 35.9mm on the 42mm model).

I don't think the "38mm is for women" argument holds up as woman may want a convienient magnetic leather loop too depending on their profession/style/activities. It would be great to see this strap become available over time. I doubt 3rd party straps would be as good if there were leather loop knock offs.

2. douglasf13 macrumors 65816

I completely agree. I'm going with a steel 38mm, but I'm only getting a rubber band, because there isn't a 38mm leather loop option. I'll just wait for 3rd party stuff.

3. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

just buy the gold version with the leather band.

4. douglasf13 macrumors 65816

Only the 42mm steel has the leather loop.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I wonder if it has to do with the thickness of the band and the way it would look on the 38mm. It is possible it could come at a later date.